[CQ-Contest] Technology against cheating?

Marijan Miletic, S56A s56a at bit.si
Tue Mar 29 23:40:16 PDT 2011

I only wish old mults only rule for M/S is returned especially in
forthcoming improved propagations.

OC Hrane, YT1AD of 3V8BB fame has been visiting Tunisia often since 1990s,
developed special relations with TS frequency agency authorities, received
numerous special licences for exotic callsigns stating specified 100 W radio
and unspecified linear power amplifier.  We met 5 TS hams for dinner and I
am sure energetic young generation would renew TS IARU membership, push for
private licences also including 50 MHz.

Even mature democracies do NOT check hamradio power levels.  Slovenia is
often confused with Slovakia so we got a lot of OM Power here.  Others go
for H8K or Harris.  Our regulatory agency employee of WRTC-2010 DX Cluster
fame makes terrible QRM to the capitol of Ljubljana.  We still waste 300 kW
on 918 kHz for spreading "the truth" around EU...

73 de Mario, YU/S56A, N1YU

P.S.  Igor, all this mess is the fault of the cheap Russian ceramic tetrodes
:-)