[CQ-Contest] Dayton Crowne Plaza stuff....

Paul Gentry Paul at k9pg.com
Fri May 6 12:54:16 PDT 2011

As many of you know, there was a brain surgeon at Crowne who thought it'd be a good idea to jack up the 2011 hamvention room rates by 70% or so.  I made some calls and sent emails stating that this was a rather large truck load of BS.  I just got off the phone with Crowne... and they informed me that the brain surgeon who thought it'd be a good idea to jack up the rates is pushing papers elsewhere... and the new sales manager is a young lady named Chris.  Chris moved the hamvention rates back down to $135 a night... and I got the rate adjusted for the room I'm sharing.   I asked her "what about all the other hamvention people who have rates of $200 + - or so a night?"   And she said that they can call the hotel.   So... the young lady I talked to is Donna... I guess she's an assistant Chris or something... but very friendly.   Feel free to call the hotel and talk to the sales people about getting your rate adjusted.

Now... this same brain surgeon who thought it'd be a good idea to jack up the rates failed to book the Orville Wright suite, which is on the 4th floor, and I'm told that someone already booked it... and I'm also told that all of the 8 or 10 suites are all booked for the weekend.  Does anyone on here happen have the 4th floor suite booked... or know who has it booked?    Please email me direct...  Paul (at) k9pg (dot) com.

Gracias

K9PG