[CQ-Contest] BOGUS QSO RATES!

Collins, Graham CollinG at navcanada.ca
Mon Nov 7 08:52:13 PST 2011

Craig,

Good points and one of things that "bugs" me about some ops during a contest. I either have to wait it out til they ID or move on.

Another "bug" is the use of "non-standard" phonetics. Coming from an aviation backgroun I am more attuned to the  ALPHA BRAVO CHARLIE standard phonetics but adapt as necessary to the "non-standard" AMERICA BOSTON KILOWATT style. However mix in the "non-standard" and an op who is trying to speak at 100wpm and add a bit of an accent it is sometimes difficult to make sense of their ID. So again, I either have to wait it out til they ID again and I can make sense of it or move on.

As I primarily work CW this last "bug" doesn't get to me very often but it is one of the reasons I find SSB contests "noisy".

Cheers, Graham ve3gtc