[CQ-Contest] SS: not sending your own callsign - and the answer is.....

kr2q at optimum.net kr2q at optimum.net
Mon Nov 7 11:53:23 PST 2011

I'm a new user of N1MM (I was using DOS-based CT for all these decades).  SS was my
2nd contest using N1MM.

While setting up SS, carefully following the instructions, I noted that when I set up the SS
exchange, that my callsign was not going to be sent (before the contest started).

I contacted one of the N1MM mavens, who immediately asked, "Where are you getting that
setup from?"  When I told him, he immediately modified the on-line documentation.

So anyone who "knew," would know that you needed to send your call in the middle of the
exchange.  But I am guessing that some folks simply "copied" the faulty instructions.

This was probably a simple mistake.

de Doug KR2Q
the "newbie" copy editor