[CQ-Contest] New RBN Server Debuts

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Thu Nov 17 14:12:15 PST 2011

Rich, I think that it definitely requires some intelligent filtering on
the part of the user.  Not only are there RBN stations that spot things
most of us can't hear, but propagation is also a major factor.  If I
were you, I would filter first by geography, limiting to Skimmers near
you, and then consider whether you want to reject some of them because
their antennas are just too good.  N1MM Logger provides for filtering
out spotters whose spots you do not want to hear, for whatever reason,
as well as filtering out recurrent bad spots.  DXspider, ARCluster6 and
CC User all have different arrays of filters that you may find useful to
tailor which spots you actually get.

73, Pete N4ZR

The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
spots at telnet.reversebeacon.net, port 7000 AND now
at arcluster.reversebeacon.net port 7000