[CQ-Contest] The importance of CHECKLOGS

Bob Naumann W5OV at W5OV.COM
Tue Nov 22 05:03:35 PST 2011

Just to be clear, the following are my own comments / opinion and although
truthful, my comments should not be construed as official commentary from
any contest committee I may be a member of.

For at least the CQWW, no calls are removed in the manner described here by
ON7SS.

If they are Unique (i.e.; that callsign only shows up in your log and no one
else's) they are flagged as Unique but they *ARE NOT* removed from your log.

The only time such a call is removed is if it can be *proven* that the call
is busted (meaning it's not Unique, but instead is incorrect) or if there is
information available that the claimed QSO did not take place with the
holder of the callsign or something like that.

Where is this idea coming from about removing Uniques from logs? (Again????)

Bob W5OV