[CQ-Contest] The importance of CHECKLOGS

Zack Widup w9sz.zack at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 13:02:04 PST 2011

It wasn't in CQWW, but I recall in one year a station showed up in the
All-Asia CW contest with the call 4S7AX and proceeded to work a JA pileup
for over a half hour. I worked the station mainly because 4S7 was a new
DXCC country for me at the time. But I listened for quite a while and was
absolutely sure I had the call correct.

I have never been able to find that call anywhere as a real callsign
legally issued. I'm surprised he hung in there so long working mostly JA's.

73, Zack W9SZ