[CQ-Contest] CHECKLOGS -- another view CQWW-wise

Mike N1TA n1tangoalpha at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 21:28:09 PST 2011

There's another point in all of this, and K1AR hit the nail on the head:

I'd say with a multi-day backlog at the moment combined with nearly 380
> million uploaded QSOs that LoTW is very much alive and well. In fact, the
> combination of the CQWW SSB and SS contests have made ARRL's LoTW IT
> infrastructure turn white hot! And, wait until CQWW CW logs hit the system
> next  week!

If we are to seriously integrate LOTW into a contest scenario as we're
discussing, the system would obviously need some reworking. This backlog
situation would be occurring much more often. That is not to say the League
is doing a bad job with it (in fact I applaud their efforts), but if we
were to do something along these lines, the infrastructure would be white
hot on a more regular basis.

--
Mike DeChristopher, N1TA