[CQ-Contest] The Calling Disease...

Peter Chamalian w1rm at arrl.net
Mon Nov 28 07:43:44 PST 2011

I think what's really needed is for this issue to be discussed at clubs and
at big stations.  If the leaders come to agree that this practice is not
useful then they need to communicate it down to the rank and file.  We all
want to be first in the pile up which is childish - but we all can get the
DX if we allow the DX to work quickly and unimpeded with having to work hard
to get a call through the idiots calling.

For the first time that I can remember (and I've been playing this game for
a very long time), DX stations were going split in WW so they could be
heard.  It didn't stop the calling but at least you had a chance to hear who
the DX was coming back to.

Pete, W1RM