[CQ-Contest] CQ-Contest Digest, Vol 107, Issue 71

Pedro Colla lu7hz at qsl.net
Wed Nov 30 14:04:28 PST 2011

Hello,

I've participated in both CQ WW SSB and CW in the SO SB/10 assisted category. In both I've used several tools that clearly put me in that category, no questions.

However I'd been testing with good results  a JavaScript tool built on top of the LU9DA's graphic representation of his cluster's traffic. Essentially Rick takes the traffic on his
cluster node and create every 10 minutes or so a graphical representation of all the paths reported in the cluster.

The tool can be accessed at http://www.qsl.net/lu7did/MonitorProp.htm out of my Web page.

The tool doesn't reveal much in terms of actual stations of frequencies, nor who is the caller and who's the reporters location; with enough activity it's a broad sensing on the activity on the band.

My question would be a conceptual one; if I'm using this tool and only this one, would it move me from Non-Assisted to Assisted?

Thanks in advance for your kind attention, 73 de Pedro LU7HZ

Dr. Pedro E. Colla
Va.Belgrano-Ciudad de Cordoba
Cordoba- Argentina
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" Dr. Carl Sagan