[CQ-Contest] Why passing a piece of paper is not the same as RBN or cluster

Neal Campbell abrohamneal at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 16:43:30 PST 2011

To me the dedicated human "skimmer" is the same as a locally connected
skimmer or the worldwide skimspot network. The only difference is antenna
and speaker size. The skimspot net has the largest "antenna" and largest
"speaker" (how many benefit from the decoding by other than yourself). The
local skimmer has a large antenna and a small speaker. The human spot
machine has the smallest antenna with a small speaker but they all are
delivering to the operator information he had not known before the delivery.

All the same to me,
Neal

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 5:33 PM, <kr2q at optimum.net> wrote:

> RBN, packet, Cluster provide information to anybody who wants to access it.
>
> Someone sitting in your shack is a "dedicated resource" of information
> which nobody else
> can access.
>
> de Doug KR2Q

Neal Campbell