[CQ-Contest] Duelling as a honourable "fair game"

Suad Zukic / TECHNEX / suad.zukic at t-online.de
Mon Oct 17 12:12:56 PDT 2011

Hello!

It is up on us, what kind of surrounding and which atmosphere we will
have in
the future of contesting. Creating proper tools to satisfy everybody
around the
ball would be certainly a hard job. But it is a ongoing process, as
everything
else in the ( slow ) natural, ( quick ) social and ( very quick ) technical
development.

New communication and economical age have started, global village grows
daily
tighter but we have not solved even some essential internal problems.
Are we ready
to change this big world to the better one, suddenly? The problems we
all have
around are different; and solving them will require various kinds of
approaches...

Initiatives made recently by contest committees ( RDXC, CQ WPX & DX )
and WRTC-C
are showing that a optimum in proper evaluation of the contest efforts (
scores )
is continuously searched. It is not an easy job! We should be and are
thankful for
all the time and energy some of OM are spending on that, since years.

Gentlemen-like dealing to each other helps at the most cases. We are not
so many.
Those "fighting" for the top in contests are knowing each other for
years. Often
we are communicating each other otherwise but via the ionosphere. If we
are not
convinced about the work of the CC, if any doubt about the correctness
of ones
efforts and we can/will not wait for WRTC, why not asking your direct
opponent for
a duel (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duel)? Take example on modern
boxing, gunmen
to time of Wilde West and European duelling...

Using local and regional clubs/organisations a perfect field is given
for such a
kind of "fair games". Mutual accepted rules to be followed by both sides
can be
controlled by trustees that each side can announce/accredit. This is
easily possible!
At least, much easier that to let international referees travelling
around the world...

Such duels can be announced and published prior to the contest. Why
not?! Who
is interested in such a kind of stuff, will follow the happening for
sure. We
can organize easily web-based platforms dealing with this theme. Even a
betting
online-office is a further idea... )))

As contesting is all about fun & honour to get trough Peer Review, this
kind of
thinking may be will help. We know traditional and honourable
competition between
big US M/M stations...

73 Suad

--