[CQ-Contest] Multiple direction antennas on one radio...why?

Rudy Bakalov r_bakalov at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 21 03:56:39 PDT 2011

Tom,

Another point to consider is that having an amp for each antenna allows you to use off the shelf components, such as coax, switches, baluns, etc.  compared to custom or not so common 10 KW rated ones. It is not only cheaper, but also makes it possible to have spares that are readily available.

Although I have not crunched the numbers, I suspect that it might be cheaper to buy 2 x AL-1500s than a single OM3500. Thus, price plus all the other benefits make it an attractive value proposition.

Rudy N2WQ