[CQ-Contest] VE7FO's Newbies Poised to Spook the Bands This Hallowe'en Weekend

Jim Smith jimsmith at shaw.ca
Wed Oct 26 21:14:23 PDT 2011

We're at it again.  Our last outing was WPX RTTY.  All total newbies
getting the hang of N1MM and what a contest Q is made of.

This time I've got 12 ops, some newbies and some not.  We'll be doing a
M/M from the QTH of VE7IO.  Running 100 W because I don't want to be
responsible for anyone blowing up Fred's amps.

Going to do my best to get them all running instead of S&P.  Not as
comfortable for a newbie but lots of fun once they get on to it.

Decent antennas 40-10m SteppIR @ 56 ft, Classic tribander @ 64 ft, 2 80m
dipoles at 40 and 100 ft.  I think lots of folks will hear us.

If the bands hold up I think my newbies will have a blast.  "Where do
you think that guy is that you just worked?"  "Uhh Seattle?"  "How about
S Africa?"  I think DX Atlas is going to get a workout.

Anyway, if you happen to think of it maybe give the op a couple of words
of welcome to contesting if you work us.

73, Jim	VE7FO