[CQ-Contest] Determining ASSISTED vs NON-ASSISTED -- was: =>RE: Chea

Marijan Miletic, S56A s56a at bit.si
Mon Sep 26 02:54:26 PDT 2011

EI5DI wrote: To this I say that anyone who needs a CW decoder has no
business being in a CW contest - because they don't know CW.

I don't know Baudot code so I used PC decoder this fabulous CQ WW RTTY
weekend.  I built DH1TW type SDR IF adapter in my FT-1000MP in order to
"see" 20 kHz bandwidth.  I also wrote my own program to decode all RTTY
callsigns within BUT if I use it, I am "assisted".  By whom?

I feel digitally "restricted" without Extreme class :-(  This is NOT good
for the best scientific hobby of 21st century as advertised by IARU.

73 de Mario, S56A, N1YU