[CQ-Contest] Determining ASSISTED vs NON-ASSISTED

w5ov at w5ov.com w5ov at w5ov.com
Tue Sep 27 09:08:29 PDT 2011

Graham,

There are methods to do this, but it is not likely that the contest
sponsor will provide specific details of how this is done as it would
offer hints on how to get around it.

Suffice it to say that several data sources are used including the other
logs that are submitted to reach the conclusion that a single operator is
assisted.

As you have seen in the recent summaries of the CQWW contests, many
stations have been cited for this and convicted of same. Many stations
submitted the logs without indicating that they were assisted, but as
reported in the results, this was a clerical error rather than a blatant
cheating activity.

73,

Bob W5OV