[CQ-Contest] Dupes in CQ sponsored contests

Tim Duffy K3LR k3lr at k3lr.com
Wed Sep 28 16:11:20 PDT 2011

Hello Hank!

It depends on the contest. A few contests will cause a busted QSO for "both"
logs - if "either" log has the logged call sign wrong.

It is always best to read the rules for the contest you are entering so you
know how your log will be scored by the sponsor log checking/scoring
software. Your Cabrillo log submission does not contain QSO point value,
notice of a duplicate QSO or if a QSO was a multiplier. All of those
computations are done by the log checking software.

Logged dupes have zero point value, however by working and logging the dupe
QSO, the dupe might save a QSO (maybe even a multiplier) that was previously
busted or was Not In Log (NIL). There is no harm if it truly is a dupe for
both logs - other than a few seconds of time

73,

Tim K3LR

  _____