[CQ-Contest] End of contest and rewriting log

Richard DiDonna NN3W richnn3w at verizon.net
Thu Sep 29 18:50:19 PDT 2011

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji at w8ji.com>
To: "Tim Wininger" <ky5rtim at gmail.com>; "rob beaudoin" <wa1fcn at charter.net>
Cc: <cq-contest at contesting.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2011 8:33 AM
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] End of contest and rewriting log

>> Why paper notes?
>
> Why stop a run to edit a typo?
>
> What if the logging program messes up?
>
>> IMHO get it right in the log before you continue. This can't take very
>> long.
>
> It can take 2-3 minutes or more for a reboot.

That has happened to me a couple times.

How abou this for the "way back machine".  I was looking at some old NCJs
from the early 1980s that I had been given.

Back then there were ham services where you sent your paper log to a guy
across the country.  He computerized your log, marked your DUPE QSOs and
scored your log.

This all happened days, if not weeks, after the contest ended....

73 Rich NN3W