[CQ-Contest] End of contest and rewriting log

Jeffrey Clarke ku8e at bellsouth.net
Thu Sep 29 20:34:55 PDT 2011

I wonder how many stations from outside the USA go back thru their logs and
edit (correct) the zones of USA stations they work in CQWW DX ?   Is copying
the right zone, when you know what it is 99% of the time what it is as
important as having the correct call sign logged ?  I bet 99.9 % of us do
this even though I'm not sure if CQ even checks that.

Most of the programs I have used automatically enter the zone based on the
number in the call sign ( i.e. W1 = zone 5, W8 = zone 4  W6 = zone 3)  It's
pretty easy to just keep on hitting the enter key (using ESM in N1MM logger)
especially when you have a good rate going and the adrenaline is flowing.
I bet this happens all the time with my call since I have a W8 call and live
in GA (zone 5) .

Plus there are tools like super check partial which will help you guess a
call sign/exchange when that station is barely readable. Is doing this or
using a tool like SCP ethical ?

Jeff KU8E