[CQ-Contest] Remote Control in Contests

Roger Parsons ve3zi at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 13 05:57:22 PDT 2012

On  Thu, 12 Apr 2012 at 17:42 Paul O'Kane wrote:

> What's different about remote control is that it uses
> the internet (typically) to replace RF in the signal path
> between the operators concerned.  That's what makes the
> QSO fundamentally different from vanilla QSOs, using RF
> only.  We're back to the difference between hybrid QSOs
> and amateur-radio QSOs - and that's why remote control
> entries should be classified separately.

But Paul, you have on a previous occasion said that the contacts
I make from my remote station are not 'amateur-radio QSOs'.

I connect to my remote station using an amateur radio (900MHz) link.
No third party carrier is involved at any point.

I feel strongly that by any reasonable definition this is amateur radio .

73 Roger
VE3ZI