[CQ-Contest] Remote Control in Contests

marcelo at alternex.com.br marcelo at alternex.com.br
Fri Apr 13 06:17:48 PDT 2012

Hi Everyone

>From what I´ve been
reading, there seems to be some confusion about the concept of remote
operation. I hope it is due to lack of
familiarity, but I suspect people are confusing it on purpose in order to justify their
arguments.

So, let’s put it simply.

Remote control is NOT using
remote SDR receivers to receive from different locations.

Remote control is NOT
internet-only QSOs

Remote control is NOT sitting
at W1 and operating a station in HZ using your W1 call

Remote control IS operating a
station from remote control point, wherever it may be, using the callsign of the
station. Just as if you were phisically there. The station is where the RF comes from and where RX is made.

As such, there is NO difference
on the air between a remote controlled station and a “regular” one. There is
NO implicit advantage on remote controlling, hence there is no need for a separate
contest category.

73

Marcelo, PY1KN

>> /// >   > "What a lovely hobby we use to
have." >   > In the future you will not have to travel to
compete ... You will rent out a > super station with remote control via
internet. There will be big pileup, and > you can hear EU stations from two
different locations. There will be no > problem to hear EU from KP# on lower
bands... >   > Imagine, MM station will look for remote operators
from different continent. > There is no need beverage RX antennas. With this
combination  will be easy to > work with whisper DX in QRM... >