[CQ-Contest] Remote Control in Contests

Zack Widup w9sz.zack at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 11:18:22 PDT 2012

I know someone who used to be a DXer but his wife wanted to move into a
community that had restrictions on antennas. In fact, he can't even put up
a dipole for listening! He's been trying to figure out how to load up a
metal rain gutter. That's all he has to work with. He could put up an
indoor wire antenna but I have a feeling its performance won't be too hot.

So he either uses someone else's station, uses an Internet-accessible
remote station, or gets divorced and moves elsewhere. With him, I don't
think the last one is going to happen.

73, Zack W9SZ