[CQ-Contest] Remote Control in Contests

Robert Chudek - K0RC k0rc at citlink.net
Fri Apr 13 21:42:30 PDT 2012

I'm a day behind in this thread, so if this has already been brought up...

Mike, you wrote: "Cheaters get exposed most of the time. If you are in
Europe how do I know you are in Italy or France? There is nothing
stopping anyone from obtaining multiple callsigns and using them. In
fact, I received cards for J6M 2 minutes apart from the same guy using
called from two different EU countries. I alerted both CQ and ARRL to
this and it is theirs to deal with."

I fail to see any problem with this which required any "alerting". Was
this station running a pair of remote stations in two different
countries, properly licensed in each country?

What issue am I overlooking?

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN (operator & station)