[CQ-Contest] Remote Control in Contests

Doug Renwick ve5ra at sasktel.net
Fri Apr 13 13:02:49 PDT 2012

Why even bother with a remote station or any station.  Everyone just get on
their computer at 0000 UTC and log into the Contest site and away we go.
Every multiplier and every call sign in the world is there on all bands.
Every one is on an equal basis.  They all count for DXCC and any other
award.  All you need is a computer, high speed internet connection and a
logging program.  Wow, just look at the scores. No more antenna farms,
expensive rigs, RFI, angry neighbours, low sunspots.  Problem solved.

Doug

Logic, reason and science don't define everything in this world.