[CQ-Contest] Florida QSO Party -- 2011 Results & 2012 Preview

K1to at aol.com K1to at aol.com
Fri Apr 20 20:06:10 PDT 2012

2011:

Full results for the 2011 Florida QSO Party were posted earlier this  month
at  _http://floridaqsoparty.org/results/fqp2011.pdf_
(http://floridaqsoparty.org/results/fqp2011.pdf)

For the first time in ages, the Out-of-State Mixed winner was *not*  W8MJ!
Congrats to 3rd-time winner Keith, WA3HAE!  Certificates and  plaques have
all been mailed and shipped.

Soapbox comments are  separate at
_http://floridaqsoparty.org/results/soapbox2011.pdf_ (http://floridaqsoparty.org/results/soapbox2011.pdf)

2012:

The 2012 FQP will be the 15th running under the sponsorship of the Florida
Contest Group.  To celebrate, there will be 15 stations using 1x1 callsigns
 whose suffixes spell out the words "FLORIDA QSO PARTY".  Work all 15 and
get a special certificate!  All 15 1x1 stations are being operated from
fixed locations with directional antennas, in order to maximize the number of
1x1 sweeps.  Details of the special 1x1 event:
_http://www.floridaqsoparty.org/files/1x1announcement.pdf_
(http://www.floridaqsoparty.org/files/1x1announcement.pdf)

And speaking of sweeps, the always popular pursuit of the 67 FL Counties
will be aided by many mobiles circling around the state.  Each county will
be active by multiple stations.  Track those mobiles using
_http://www.floridaqsoparty.org/cota.php_ (http://www.floridaqsoparty.org/cota.php)
_http://www.no5w.com/FQP2012_AnnouncedPlans.html_
(http://www.no5w.com/FQP2012_AnnouncedPlans.html)     Tnx NO5W!
and _http://tinyurl.com/d2j4kez_ (http://tinyurl.com/d2j4kez)   Tnx  K0RC!

We have added a new category this year for Single-Op Assisted to  separate
them out from Multi-Singles.

There are new plaques being sponsored in Europe and Latin America
_http://www.kkn.net/pipermail/fqp/2012-April/001047.html_
(http://www.kkn.net/pipermail/fqp/2012-April/001047.html)
We had a huge increase in DX participation in 2011, so 2012 will most
likely be even better.

Full plaque list:  _http://www.floridaqsoparty.org/plaque.html_
(http://www.floridaqsoparty.org/plaque.html)

So please join us next weekend...
Saturday, April 28th from 16Z to 02Z and Sunday from 12Z to 22Z.  40,  20,
15, 10 Meters.
Full rules at _http://www.floridaqsoparty.org/rules.html_
(http://www.floridaqsoparty.org/rules.html)
Reglas en espanol: _http://www.floridaqsoparty.org/files/fqprulesesp.pdf_
(http://www.floridaqsoparty.org/files/fqprulesesp.pdf)

K4OJ just whispered that there are "Less than 8 days until the 2012
Florida QSO Party!!!!"

73, Dan, K1TO
President, FCG