[CQ-Contest] Fwd: [N1MM] New RAC (ARRL contest) sections

Ron Notarius W3WN wn3vaw at verizon.net
Thu Aug 9 19:54:23 PDT 2012

Have you seen the map of the new sections yet?

Very interesting.  In terms of area, the bulk of Ontario will be in the
Ontario North (ONN) section.  Essentially all of Ontario north of Lake
Huron.

The other three sections are, geographically, quite small.

Ontario East will essentially be the area around Ottawa, and some area west
of it.

Greater Toronto, geographically, is tiny -- Toronto and immediate area.

Ontario South is harder to describe.  It looks like the area around, if I'm
reading the map right, Lake Huron & Lake St. Clair, excluding Toronto.

In terms of population density, ONS, ONE & GTA shouldn't be TOO tough to
work.  ONN?  That could prove... shall we say, challenging?

73, ron w3wn