[CQ-Contest] DC and NAQP

Mike Tessmer mtessmer at mindspring.com
Fri Aug 10 13:24:49 PDT 2012

With this talk about new sections/multipliers, I think what NN3W may have hinted at is:

Why is DC not a multiplier in the NAQP?

I asked this same question a few years ago and got exactly one answer that implied that adding DC might render all NAQP records meaningless, or something to that effect.  That's a very weak argument in that having someone show up from DC would have no more effect on any record than having someone show up from Greenland or any Caribbean or Central American country.  (Yet we'd all be saying "Great to see some DX activity!"}

So I'll toss it out there again:

 - Why not add DC as a mult in NAQP?
 - What would be a valid reason not to?

Perhaps one of the NAQP managers might chime in.

73, Mike K9NW