[CQ-Contest] DC and NAQP

Mike Tessmer mtessmer at mindspring.com
Sun Aug 12 13:11:59 PDT 2012

I've been surprised at some of the response to this seemingly simple question.  You'd think I was proposing a complete restructuring of the NAQP.  Perhaps I should have just asked "Why would this be bad for NAQP?"  It's quite apparent that some of y'alls have VERY strong feelings about this!  (per my Inbox...)  That's fine, even though I don't quite understand some of the sentiment.

-- How might this improve NAQP?

Maybe/probably nothing noticeable.  I'm pretty certain it wouldn't cause irreparable harm.  Adding another mult would have exactly the same effect as when FJ split from FS, and PJ5/6 split from PJ7.  Well, except for that DC has active ops.

-- Less fun for DC ops because of QSY requests?

Probably no less fun than it is for guys like KO7X, VE4EAR, KC0W, and any others who may be "one man shows" in any given event, and get asked to move around.

For now, DC isn't a mult in NAQP.  It could be.  It doesn't have to be.  It's all good.

73, Mike K9NW