[CQ-Contest] Reverse Beacon Network News - hopefully of generalinterest

Joe nss at mwt.net
Mon Aug 13 07:16:10 PDT 2012

Sig
On 8/13/2012 7:20 AM, Martin , LU5DX wrote:
> I surely also understand Jim's concerns about gigantic pile ups with
> all stations calling exactly in the same frequency due to the RBN
> spots. I hope it is just a matter of time till ops realize we need to
> start calling stations a little off the spotted frequency.

Really?

I'm not a BIG contester, But have been contesting since 1975, LONG
before any of this existed. And as soon as I heard a pileup made by a
RBN spot I did notice how everyone was "Spot On" (pun intended)

And my first thought if I was to use this RBN network, I would at the
same time turn on my XIT to slide a tad off the mess some. I thought
everyone would do that and that this was not a unique thought.  But I
guess not.

Joe WB9SBD