[CQ-Contest] K6SV (SK)

Kostas SV1DPI sv1dpi at otenet.gr
Tue Aug 21 16:40:25 EDT 2012

George was a very good friend of mine. He helped the ham community in
every chance he had, without the most of us even know it. He helped also
many Greek hams as his Father was born in Greece and he felt Greek (this
is why his SV suffix) as well as American. He was a good and faithful
Orthodox also and visited Mount Athos with me, as pilgrims, 9 years ago.
I know he will have us in his mind there in the sky where he is. I am
very sad for these news. Condolenses to his family...
Kostas SV1DPI

It is with very deep sadness I report that our good friend George, K6SV,
passed away this morning and is now a Silent Key. George was like the
younger (and wiser) brother I never had. I will personally miss our
weekly or bi-monthly landline QSOs and all his help to me over the past
6 or 7 years. Thankfully, I was able to visit him in the hospital about
a week ago before he was moved to Hospice. Your thoughts and prayers for
George's family are appreciated. Information about public services for
George will be forthcoming. Ham radio, DX'ing and Contesting have lost a
very, very good friend and operator. 73... Rick, K6VVA * The Locust
CQ-Contest at contesting.com