[CQ-Contest] CQ WW split etc

Steve London n2icarrl at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 13:01:49 EDT 2012

On 08/29/2012 08:42 AM, W0MU Mike Fatchett wrote:
> Are people afraid that by doing something different
> that someone might have an advantage over you because you fail to
> innovate or add flexibility to your operating style?
>
> Why don't we look at the real issues in the contest where Multi single
> was established so that many ops could use ONE, yes ONE radio and take
> turns using it.  What we have now are station out right cheating and
> running multiple stations per band on the same band at the same time and
> station where they have built technology to allow X number of people and
> Xmitters to be used at the same time, which was completely contrary to
> the intent of the rules way back when.

So, let's say it's a multi-single but they are using many radios and many
operators, but staying within the rules by using a transmitter interlock and not
breaking the 10 minute or band-change-per-hour rules.

Contrary to the intent of the rules ?

Or showing ingenuity, innovation and flexibility to keep the operators interested ?

Mike, you can't have it both ways.

73,
Steve, N2IC