[CQ-Contest] 80m delta-Loop coax

aa6dx at arrl.net aa6dx at arrl.net
Mon Dec 10 16:46:16 EST 2012

I have used RG 59 for 160M, running 1 KW -- for many hundreds of contacts,
SSB and CW ... as long as the antenna is properly matched to the frequency,
NO problem!  Had that system up for about a year, back in my Washington DC
era!  RG 11 would certainly be better, but ... this IS ham radio!  Free RG
59 works for a lot of things ... and in an emergency or temporary situation,
will work with all kinds of aerials!  RG8X works for most hams, use it here,
but again .. antenna should be matched to frequency .. high SWR is not
tolerated well by the smaller coax.  There are all kinds of  suggestions on
the Internet as to matching your system.  RG11 is most likely at your local
Radio Shack .. or any TV/satellite shop.  Try to get the best match possible
so as not to need to use an antenna tuner for impedance matching.  I use one
here, though, it has a pair of 3-500 tubes to help squirt out the RF .. HIHI
!  73  Mark  AA6DX