[CQ-Contest] LotW Status 2012-12-10

Bill Parry bparry at rgv.rr.com
Tue Dec 11 15:46:44 EST 2012

I understand your thought in making this suggestion BUT... One of my main
objectives in using LOTW is to reduce the number of paper QSLs that I get.
I get lots of guys that want a card for every QSO that they make with me
(mostly JA). I am pretty sure that LOTW has cut way back on that. (Yes, I
know it sounds crazy but I have guys that have asked for paper confirmation
for lots of QSOs on the same bands!) I hate not to respond but LOTW seems to
have hit the spot for a lot of these guys. I even upload my log to EQSL and
Clublog, even though I never use them.

I wouldn't mind if that were to be an option available to us, but I wouldn't
use it. Through the use of LOTW, using cards that I include 10 QSOs per card
and confirming every QSO with a station every time they send me a card, I
have cut down my outgoing QSLs by 50%.  I don't want to do anything that
will cause that number to go back up!

As an option, this would be fine.

Bill W5VX