[CQ-Contest] TS590S / Tentec Eagle

Jack/W6NF vhfplus at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 10:41:55 PST 2012

On 2/16/2012 10:26 AM, Mike wrote:
> Duncan,
>
> I believe you will do yourself a grave disservice if you do not consider the Elecraft K3.
>
> 73, Mike NF4L
>
> On 2/16/2012 3:56 AM, DLindsay.vlc at mscspain.com wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>

>> I am considering purchasing a new rig and would be grateful for
>> input/comments/advice from anyone out there who has experience using the
>> Kenwood TS590S and the Tentec Eagle, both from a contesting as well as a
>> DXing point of view.
>>

>> I'd be particularly interested to hear from anyone who has been able to
>> compare either of them against the FT1000 MKV and/or the FT2000.
>>

>> Also would like to hear comments from anyone who has installed the AC0C
>> / Network Solutions roofing filter in the FT2000.
>>

>> The main use for the rig would be for phone contesting at ED5T.
>>

>> Thanks and 73 de Duncan EA5ON

I agree, absolutely.

My XYL (K7MKL) and I, as contest operators, stay under the radar :>)
That said, we are glad that we purchased the K-3 and did so after using
the rig at W7RN and hearing some of the high praise from other, much
higher profile, contest operators in the Northern California Contest Club.

Jack, W6NF
Silver Springs, NV
DM09ji