[CQ-Contest] North American QSO Party, CW

mike at n1ta.com mike at n1ta.com
Mon Jan 16 22:50:44 PST 2012

Hi Steef,

It is likely the ops just didn't understand they could work you. I
worked quite a few EU; there was even a pretty loud F5 calling CQ NA. I
talked to my neighbor after the contest and he didn't even know he could
work anything outside of NA. This seems to be a common misunderstanding.

See #11: "...Non-North American countries, maritime mobiles and
aeronautical mobiles do not count as multipliers, but may be worked for
QSO credit."

Also see #12: "Valid Contact: A valid contact consists of a complete,
correctly copied and legibly logged two-way exchange between a North
American station and any other station."

Hope to hear you on in phone,

Mike N1TA