[CQ-Contest] Bandpass filter

Tom W8JI w8ji at w8ji.com
Fri Jul 6 11:31:28 PDT 2012

> We ran 3 K3's into a C31XR with approx.. 800W from each 'band'...only 800w
> because we were AC limited at the QTH. A custom highpower TRI-plexer was
> built and used on the C31XR. It worked amazingly well...ran ARRL CW this
> past spring as PJ4X

I was considering band splitters to allow single feeders to be used on
multiple bands to save cable, not necessarily for feeding one antenna. I
would split bands at both ends.

The only worry I had, besides lightning or SWR damage to filters, was noise
generation from tiny miniscule connection issues.

I wonder if people have noise generation issues with multiplexing on one
antenna from connections in or around the antenna? I know with 100 watt
repeaters, even shaking a set of car keys near the antenna makes noise in
the receiver. :-)