[CQ-Contest] IARU HQ Stations

Milt -- N5IA n5ia at zia-connection.com
Wed Jul 11 22:15:39 PDT 2012

Bernie and the World.

Most of you are aware that the ARRL Headquarters station will be operated by the Arizona Outlaws Contest Club.  The different band/modes will be operated at dispersed locations of high performance stations throughout the state.

For those interested in particulars, they may go to http://www.arizonaoutlaws.net/

The 160 Meter operation will take place from semi-rare Graham County in southeastern AZ.  Both modes will be operated from this station in the following manner.

CW = Top of the hour for 30 minutes.

SSB = Bottom of the hour for 30 minutes.

Sunrise at this location is 1220 Z.

Sunset at this location is 0220 Z.

>From this information you can see that the contest will start 20 minutes before sunrise.  Therefore we will be right in the middle of the morning greyline at contest start.  We will be QRV on CW for the Pacific and anything west until old Sol shuts us down about 1400 Z.

Evening operations will start at 0000 Z, a bit more than 2 hours before sunset.

There will be two operating positions, one CW and one SSB.  While the CQing position per the schedule above is operating, the other mode position will be in an S&P mode, calling stations and interleaving contacts whenever possible.

We invite one and all to take advantage of this unique opportunity to work W1AW/7 in Arizona, on all bands and both modes.

73, es GL de Milt, N5IA
W1AW/7, 160 Meter Band Captain