[CQ-Contest] IARU Log Submission Issues

Paul O'Kane pokane at ei5di.com
Mon Jul 16 11:36:37 PDT 2012

On 16/07/2012 16:35, Kutzko, Sean, KX9X wrote:

<snip>

> Some logging programs used in Europe do not have the LOCATION: tag in
> their Cabrillo logs at all. This causes many logs to be rejected. A log
> that does not have a LOCATION: tag it in will be rejected by the contest
> robot.

Is the IARU robot really so dumb that it cannot
recognise non-W/VE entries (from the callsign)
and automatically assign a "DX" location,
regardless of missing or incorrect location
tags?

It seems to me that a one-time update might
eliminate this problem in non-W/VE logs.

Although the definition of the Location tag at
http://www.kkn.net/~trey/cabrillo/tags.html
refers to ARRL contests (presumably including
this event), there is no apparent reference to
"DX" being a required Location for non-W/VE
entrants.  This applies equally to the rules
at http://www.arrl.org/iaru-hf-championship

73,
Paul EI5DI