[CQ-Contest] Stubs - 40 & 15 meters

Zivney, Terry 00tlzivney at bsu.edu
Sat Jul 21 05:03:20 PDT 2012

That's what happens when you don't have the reference in front of you

W2VJN's Type 4 stubs (page 34) - keeps 21 MHz out of 7MHz -
1/4 wave 21 MHz open ended and 1/2 wave 21MHz shorted teed -
this puts shorts on 21MHz while resonant (low loss) on 7Mhz.

                           open

                         short

W2VJN's Type 5 stubs (page 36) - nulls 7 MHz passes 21MHz -
a) 1/4 wave 21Mhz teed off of transmission line - the other end of the
1/4wave stub is teed again; this second tee has  b) 1/4 wave 21MHz
open-ended stub as well as c) 0.41 wave 21MHz (0.1365 7MHz)
open ended stub

Terry Zivney, N4TZ