[CQ-Contest] Bad Format <> "stupid" robot

Marijan Miletic, S56A s56a at bit.si
Fri Jul 27 03:50:04 PDT 2012

KR2Q wrote: Your category will (be) parsed from the header, irrespective of
the submitted QSOs.

Savvy user S56A parsed many logs long before CQ begun receiving electronic
ones.  I assumed that the very first line in any robot code would be:

IF category=checklog THEN write_thanks_Mario ELSE process_log

Once upon a time you requested separate logs for each band and I guess
people may send many.  I adhere to K1EA advice:  Enjoy the contest and
decide your category later!  So after 50 years of hamradio I often read the
rules afterwards.

Bandwidth is precious at our radio segments but not much on high speed
internet, even on text-only forums.

LP MMM S56A, N1YU