[CQ-Contest] Life of Coax

James jms_k1sd at verizon.net
Sat Jul 28 13:24:02 PDT 2012

Let's talk coax.  I'm putting the station back together after some time.

What we have here are several items of coax; all is RG 213/U Type Extra UV
Resistant and is at least ten years old:

* Several lengths have lived a sheltered life; always indoors connecting
things in the shack.
* Several lengths have always lived outdoors.
* And some significant length is still on the roll in the barn.

What would you do?  Replace the outdoor stuff?  Use shack stuff? Use the
un-used roll?  Throw it all away and start fresh?

     73  James / K1SD / Rhode Island