[CQ-Contest] authentication for log submission

Zack Widup w9sz.zack at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 09:21:48 PDT 2012

It seems to me that a totally fabricated log would stand out when log
checking is done. If I were the contest sponsor, I'd get suspicious if the
log checking results showed 99% errors in QSO's. And the e-mail of the log
sent should have all the header info and could be checked with the person
who supposedly sent the log to verify it came from him/her. An e-mail
header contains much more information than the sender's supposed e-mail
address. An e-mail stripped of the headers would be immediately suspicious.

I guess it depends on how much the sponsor cares about investigating
suspicious logs.

73, Zack W9SZ