[CQ-Contest] authentication for log submission

Christian Schneider prickler.schneider at t-online.de
Wed Jun 6 03:52:56 PDT 2012

How about the practice of some contests to simply publish preliminary
rankings after the log checking is done? Everyone interested can check his
score for one or two weeks and can report problems before the final
publishing. Depending on the robot technique of the contest it may be easy
to extract the original log or otherwise prove that his log is the original
and be done (given that cases ever occur...). For me it seems to fit better
to a hobby with as much common sense as possible. Malicious guys then will
also see that their trick won´t succeed.

But please - do we need, do we want another security system like LotW? For
ME it simply does not fit to a HOBBY (!) to send a copy of my passport
around the world.

But of course it is easier to talk about and engineer security systems than
to have i.e. face-to-face-communication or peerpressure with say a widely
respected biggun about his understanding of powerlimits. And maybe still
easier than to talk how to gain more present participants as future
competitors.

dit dit

Chris

www.dl8mbs.de