[CQ-Contest] CQ Magazine Award Policy for Remote Base Operations

W0MU Mike Fatchett w0mu at w0mu.com
Thu Jun 21 08:25:47 PDT 2012

There are so many other issues in remote operation that I doubt sitting
in my USA shack is going to have any effect on my score in a positive
way, opposed to sitting in the shack in J6.  If I were onsite I could
walk outside and confirm where the antenna was pointing. fix things,
etc.  If I fly down 3 wks prior to the contest I will not have any jet lag.

Remote shacks have inherent latency issues just to name one.

Are we not more interested in having more stations, mults to work in a
contest?

How many people are really competing to win? Honestly.....

I went to J6 and knew from the start we were not going to win.  We got
on to have a great time and we did.  I bet 95 percent of us operate
contests because we enjoy it.  If we happen to win a plaque or paper
award great.

Mike W0MU

W0MU-1 CC Cluster w0mu.net:23 or w0mu-1.dnsdynamic.com
Http://www.w0mu.com