[CQ-Contest] Free Beer!!

Ken Claerbout k4zw at verizon.net
Tue Jun 26 16:56:40 PDT 2012

OK not really...but I had to find some way to break through the noise here
and get your attention.

If you are reading this, you enjoy contesting and most everything that goes
with it.  So if you would like a break from rules discussions, here is
something that can directly help improve your station, your contest scores,
and I hope maybe even inspire you to get outside and work on your antennas.
And best of all, it is free and what ham doesn't like that!

Join us for a Webinar, on-line presentation, this Saturday by Dean Straw
N6BV, noted expert and retired ARRL Antenna Book editor.  The Webinar is
sponsored by the Potomac Valley Radio Club (PVRC).

Title:  Antennas for Contesting - Little Gun vs. a Superstation.
station design, Dean Straw N6BV has focused on antennas at multi-multi
superstations. But what about a Little Gun? How does he compare with a Big
Gun? Dean will delve into more modest antenna installations that can still
give you a lot of bang for the buck in contests or DXing.
Date:  Saturday, June 30
Time:  19:00 UTC
Registration Link:  https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/179521850  (link
also available at www.pvrc.org under the Upcoming Webinars link)

To date we have 170 people signed up! The Webinar has been scheduled in an
attempt to accommodate our friends in Europe and Africa. They have responded
nicely. We even have a few hardy souls in JA, VU, & ZL that will join us in
the middle of the night.  I hope to see you this Saturday.

Ken K4ZW