[CQ-Contest] ARI International DX Contest 2012 - New Rules

Bob I.2.WIJ i2wij at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 5 12:49:10 PST 2012

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Sorry, there was a problem with the link to the .pdf
file, now should work.
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Dear Contesters,

The ARI HF Contest Committee is pleased to invite you
to the year 2012 edition of the ARI International DX Contest.

There are NEW Rules for this year edition and you can download the whole .pdf file from:

http://www.ari.it/images/stories/ContestHF/ARI_Intern_DX_Contest_2012_Rules.pdf

The main change will be the contest START and END  time.

Next contest edition, that will be held on May 5 - 6, 2012,
will  START at  1200Z  on  Saturday  and  will END at  1159Z  on  Sunday.

We have also tried to better define the 10 minutes rule, for Multi-Operator.
Within a 10 minutes period only ONE BAND AND MODE can be used.
Both Runner and Multiplier MUST adhere to this rule.
QSO in violation of the 10 minutes rule should be left in the log
and they will be automatically deleted by the Committee and no extra
penalties will be applied.
Be aware that an excessive number of such violations may lead to the
disqualification of the entry.

Another  relevant  change  is the shortening of the deadline
for submitting the logs.
Logs will be due within 2 weeks (15 days after the end of the contest).
For SWL station, this deadline is even shorter: SWL must submit
their log within 48 hours after the end of the contest.

Please carefully check these dates in the chapter 11.Log Instructions,
for all the details.

Starting with this year edition, submitted LOGs may be made open to the public.
Please also carefully check the chapter 14.Implicit Declaration.

You will also find the CABRILLO Standard 3.0 and 2.0 samples; the
new LOCATION: field has been introduced for Italian stations only.

We hope to find your callsign on the air during the Contest
and hope we could enjoy good propagation on May 5-6, 2012.

Please, take a minute, and carefully read the Rules.

Please spread these news to your friends!

Thank you for supporting the ARI International DX Contest.

Bob, I2WIJ
A.R.I. HF Contest Manager