[CQ-Contest] Is QSL Bureau pertinent in today HAM Radio

Timothy Coker n6win73 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 10:00:08 PDT 2012

I had a similar curve with my QSLing as Pete.

Due to economics I now use DX Labs Suite to filter new band / mode QSLs to
stations who I have not sent one to just as Pete does. This, I believe,
does not over burden the QSL Buro's any more than needed to clear my
conscience of QSLing.

I do enjoy logging my incoming QSLs (I am a numbers geek) and so I added
another filter to decide on if I would send a QSL. I added a filter in the
logging program that does not QSL anyone who actively uses LOTW. The line
of thinking is along the "clear conscience" sense and minimizing cost. If
they use LOTW then we will both confirm one another that way. If they do
send me a card then I will use GlobalQSL to confirm it with an ADIF upload

Tim / N6WIN.

Tim / N6WIN.