[CQ-Contest] Impressions of Contesters University and other Contester Dayton Events

Mark, K5ER k5er at arrl.net
Thu May 31 20:07:04 PDT 2012

Thanks Tom,
	For the kind words about the LCC during contest related activities at
Hamvention. The Louisiana Contest Club was born in Dayton just a few years
ago, at a table in the middle of the contester's super suite. We were just
a few guys, excited about the hobby, who folks like K3LR, K5ZD, K8MR, WE3C
and a few others actually took time to talk to. Some of us were just happy
to be in the room with these "celebrities", but somebody took time to
welcome US in, so we got together and did something, forming the club.

	This year, it was great to meet the members of the NO0BZ (noobies) Contest
Club. You guys were learning, having fun, and each of you exuded
enthusiasm! Anyone around you couldn't help but get excited just watching
ya'll soaking it all in. Your club, and guys like you are the future of our
hobby. You are where the LCC was just a few years ago, and I promise you,
it won't be long before you see your skills and scores rising, and others
will come to YOU for advice and encouragement. Its a GREAT feeling to be
able to pay something back to the hobby. Just look at K3LR and all the CTU
professors and see how much fun they are having.

	Take care and the LCC wishes the NO0BZ club members the best of luck. Oh,
please tell Jeff, if he ever comes to Louisiana, we'll arrange another
"Hooter's Hug" for him. Keep up the excitement and we hope to see you again
next year!

73,
Mark, K5ER
President,