[CQ-Contest] RFI problem-Thank You

Tom W8JI w8ji at w8ji.com
Wed Nov 7 09:43:41 EST 2012

This appears to be a problem only with a LPT keyer system on one band with
one antenna.

It probably relates to a combination of RF levels on one band and antenna,
and especially the poor design of simple LPT port keying systems where
keying transistors are not bypassed for RF or the port has a ground loop (as
you mentioned).

A little properly-placed low value resistor and bypass cap can do wonders.