[CQ-Contest] NAQP multi-2 strategy

John Unger w4au at verizon.net
Thu Nov 29 10:07:32 EST 2012

I am thinking of try M/2 in the NAQP in January. I've read over the rules,
which seem pretty straightforward and understandable, but what I don't know
is the best general strategy to follow.

The trivial approach seems to be to have each transmitter on it own band at
any one time and then just operate like a SO for at least 10 minutes on
that band; maybe passing mults to the other band if needed. But how do the
"real" M/2 stations operate in NAQP? You don't have to give away an real
secrets, of course, but just some general ideas and strategy would help. I
can imagine having other ops just listening on "off" bands and putting
mults on a bandmap and then one of the transmitting stations going to that
band (for at least 10 minutes, of course) to work those new band/mults.

tnx es 73 - John, W4AU